Friday, October 31, 2008

Cove Fort







For those of you who don't know this is located in Utah and is a little past Fillmore if you are driving to St George. I had never been there so on the drive home we stopped to take the tour this is a very nice and neat little part of Utah history. the Fort is an interesting structure and I love the different rooms and the antiques they are filled with. it is amazing to me that a family of thirteen lived there for so long. The views around it are amazing! Ira Hinckley did a very good job of building it and maintaining it. I think the most amazing fact that I learned is that even when the black hawk wars were going on that the fort was never attacked because the different tribes had great respect for Ira Hinckley. Here are some pictures!

1 comment:

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

It looks like oyu guys had a great trip!