Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Temple Granite Quarry






For one of our family home evenings in August Paul and I took the girls up to the stone quarry in Cottonwood canyon. It was my first time ever being there it was really nice. It was beautiful weather outside and it was really cool to be up there and to see where they carved out the stone for the Salt Lake City Temple. Lily had a blast going down through the trail and stopping to look at the different plaques. I would highly recommend doing this for a family activity or home evening. It is one of my favorite ones that we have done!

3 comments:

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

April- Lily looks so grown up on the trail nextto Paul! WOW they grop up fast. WHat a neat thing to take to kids to. I went once with the YW.

Liz said...

We miss hiking around in Utah!

marlene said...

I have NEVER been there before - weird being that I have lived so close for my entire life :) Karson and I will have to take the kids!