Sunday, September 14, 2008

Remembering 9/11


I had wanted to do this on Thursday but I was not near a computer. I had to get on and give my tribute to the people that perished on this tragic day. I remember that after the first plane hit I had just gotten home from a young adult committee meeting and my sister and i turned the news on in time to watch the second plane crash. Just shortly after I went to work at the daycare I was at in Friendswood TX. I was 19 years old. We had the radio on quietly to keep up with what was happening. The kids that day who were all around three years old wanted to be policemen and firemen and be heroes like what they saw on TV that morning. It was very heartwarming but sad at the same time. I loved the patriotism that was everywhere around this time. It was amazing to see how everyone pulled together and were kind. I think too often that people forgot this spirit all too quickly and I am glad that we as country at least remember it and honor it each year with Patriot day! My thoughts and prayers will always be with the family members that were affected on this tragic day in history.

2 comments:

AliciaMarie83 said...

It was a horrible, sad day in history. 7 years later and I still cry if I see the footage of the planes crashing into the towers.

How is your family in texas? did they get hit by the hurricane?

ps. did you hear rose is having a boy??

-Alicia

April said...

Hey Alicia,
My family did get hit by the hurricane they evacuated out though so they just got back ton their home on tuesday. they have no power and no water but had to return for their. Chandra and Joey's place got a little water damage. At my parents house they lost the roof on the house and gargage and have some water damage on the upper level. They are not sure when they can even get someone out from their insurance to look at it. I am just glad that they are all okay!! And yes I di hear that rose is having a boy!!